Frequently asked questions
Navigate to Section:
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- Getting started with Pembee
- How long does it take to set up?
- We've designed Pembee to be simple and flexible. Depending on the number of activities you run, it could take a few minutes to a few hours to set up and be ready to take bookings from your customers.
- How can I connect my website to Pembee?
- When you sign up with Pembee, you will be able to choose a web address unique for you, which will look like https://abc.pembee.app (you can customise the 'abc' part). You will then need to add a link on your website to this address, and then your customers will be able to make bookings on Pembee.
- Can I still use Pembee if I don't have a website?
- Yes absolutely. Pembee can be used stand-alone. You just need to share the booking link mentioned above to your customers and they will be able to book instantly.
- Can I migrate my settings from an existing booking system to Pembee?
- We can help with the migration if you are able to export details from your existing booking system such as activities details, custom fields, customer information. Get in touch with our customer support team.
- Am I tied to a long-term contract?
- No. You can choose to take out a monthly plan where you will be on a rolling contract and can cancel or pause anytime.
- Can I transfer my old customer details to Pembee?
- Yes, we can help with the migration. However, your customers will be required to set up a new password with us. Get in touch with our customer support team.
- Can I customise the information/ forms I collect on my customers?
- Yes, Pembee can be customised to collect any information you need, e.g., health questionnaire, parents' consent, privacy consent.
- Can I ask my customers to fill in a healthcare questionnaire during the booking process?
- Yes, Pembee allows you to customise to collect any information you need from your customers.
- Does Pembee support one-off events and recurring activities?
- Yes we support both one-off events and recurring activities. You can also easily clone activities in the past to save you time from creating a similar one in the future.
- Does Pembee support courses that span multiple days/ weeks?
- Yes. We support both course tickets and single tickets. For example, for a 5-day course, you can create a ticket that covers all five days, and another ticket that is only valid for one particular day. This allows you to offer services such as "trial tickets" to attract more customers.
- Payment and Refund
- What payment methods do you support?
- We support both online and offline payments. For online payments, our payment service provider is Stripe and all major card types (including AMEX) are supported. You can also enable cash/ offline payment function, or record details for tax-free childcare payment.
- How much is the payment processing fee?
For credit/debit card payments, Pembee charges a 0.59% application fee for Standard and Premium plan customers, and 1.09% for Lite plan customers. The Pembee application fee is in addition to Stripe's payment processing fee. You can find details of Stripe's fees by visiting https://stripe.com/pricing.
Both fees are automatically deducted from the amount you receive for each transaction so there aren't separate invoices issued for these fees.
We are a fast-growing business and hope to grow to a point where we can negotiate custom fee rates with Stripe. All of the savings we successfully negotiate will be 100% passed down to our customers.
- If I refund a customer, will I get a refund for the payment processing fee?
If you need to refund a customer, the Stripe transaction fee is not refundable (this is unfortunately a Stripe policy) but the Pembee application fee will be fully refunded.
If a customer cancels, you can choose to add a fee to a customer's booking and only refund the remaining amount.
- How do I get billed?
- After creating a Pembee site, you will be asked to set up a subscription before your trial ends. This can be done with a credit or debit card and you can choose either a monthly or annual plan.