Frequently asked questions
Navigate to Section:
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
- Getting started with Pembee
- How long does it take to set up?
- We've designed Pembee to be simple and flexible. Depending on the number of activities you run, it could take a few minutes to a few hours to set up and be ready to take bookings from your customers.
- How can I connect my website to Pembee?
- When you sign up with Pembee, you will be able to choose a web address unique for you, which will look like https://abc.pembee.app (you can customise the 'abc' part). You will then need to add a link on your website to this address, and then your customers will be able to make bookings on Pembee.
- Can I still use Pembee if I don't have a website?
- Yes absolutely. Pembee can be used stand-alone. You just need to share the booking link mentioned above to your customers and they will be able to book instantly.
- Can I migrate my settings from an existing booking system to Pembee?
- We can help with the migration if you are able to export details from your existing booking system such as activities details, custom fields, customer information. Get in touch with our customer support team.
- Am I tied to a long-term contract?
- No. We take a charge every month and you can cancel anytime.
- Can I transfer my old customer details to Pembee?
- Yes, we can help with the migration. However, your customers will be required to set up a new password with us. Get in touch with our customer support team.
- Can I customise the information/ forms I collect on my customers?
- Yes, Pembee can be customised to collect any information you need, e.g., health questionnaire, parents' consent, privacy consent.
- Can I ask my customers to fill in a healthcare questionnaire during the booking process?
- Yes, Pembee allows you to customise to collect any information you need from your customers.
- Does Pembee support one-off events and recurring activities?
- Yes we support both one-off events and recurring activities. You can also easily clone activities in the past to save you time from creating a similar one in the future.
- Does Pembee support courses that span multiple days/ weeks?
- Yes. We support both course tickets and single tickets. For example, for a 5-day course, you can create a ticket that covers all five days, and another ticket that is only valid for one particular day. This allows you to offer services such as "trial tickets" to attract more customers.
- Payment and Refund
- What payment methods do you support?
- We support both online and offline payments. For online payments, our payment service provider is Stripe and all major card types (including AMEX) are supported. You can also enable cash/ offline payment function, or record details for tax-free childcare payment.
- How much is the payment processing fee?
For European cards, the payment processing fee is 1.99% + 20p. For Non-European cards, the fee is 3.49% + 20p. We are a fast-growing business and hope to grow to a point where we can negotiate custom fee rates with Stripe. All of the savings we successfully negotiate will be 100% passed down to you. There is an extra 0.5% processing fee for Lite plan users. Please refer to our pricing page for details.
The payment processing fee includes the fee Stripe charges (1.40% + 20p for European cards and 2.90% + 20p for Non-European cards) and our platform charge.
- Is there any charge for a refund?
If you need to refund a customer, the fee Stripe charges are not refundable (this is unfortunately a Stripe policy) but our platform charge will be fully refunded.
For the Stripe charges, you can either choose to absorb them or ask your customers to bear the cost of a refund (Please be sure to update your refund and cancellation policy so that your customers are not caught off-guard!)
- How do I get billed?
- You will get billed monthly at the end of your trial, via the credit/ debit card details you provided.